Writers Conference: From Start to Sales VIII
Saturday, April 21, 2012 8:30am – 4:30pm
Enroll by March 18th for a get a FREE one-on-one 10 minute meeting with the editor or agent of your choice to “pitch” your writing project!
Get the latest updates from:
- A distinguished New York Times Notable Books author, a Professor of English who has published five novels, five collections of short stories and two volumes of poetry
- The senior editor at St. Martin’s who in addition to acquiring fiction and non-fiction, also manages the annual Hillerman Prize for best debut mystery set in the Southwest
- The senior editor at Hyperion (Disney) who was formerly with Doubleday and The Crown Trade Group
- The Director of University of New Mexico Press
- An agent who specializes in history, biography, current events/politics as well as literary and commercial fiction
- The winner of the Storyteller Award of SouthWest Writers whose debut mystery will be published in May 2012
- A multi-published author of non-fiction magazine and newspaper articles who teaches memoir writing
- A young professor from Columbia University whose debut novel is a sterling example of life into art
- A magazine editor and book author who has published thousands of articles, poems and stories
- A screenwriter and teacher who not only writes screenplays, but books on writing screenplays
- An engineer who has published twenty-four romances
- An agent with a special focus on digital ventures including mobile apps and e-originals, website project management, and digital branding and social media strategy
Keynote Speaker: Jonis Agee
Keynote Speaker Jonis Agee is an award-winning author whose novels, short stories and books of poetry include the New York Times Notable Books Sweet Eyes and Strange Angels and, most recently, The Weight of Dreams and The River Wife. She has taught at the College of Saint Catherine, the University of Michigan, and is now the Adele Hall Professor of English at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln where she teaches creative writing and twentieth-century fiction.
Visit jonisagee.com to learn more about Jonis.[LineBreak]
UNM Faculty, Staff and Retirees, the Writers Conference is eligible for UNM Tuition Remission! To register with Tuition Remission, and to learn more, visit our website: dce.unm.edu/tuition-remission.htm.